Dec 16, 2008

Saltine Toffee


This is a classic recipe I am sure everyone has there own version of, but I just made it for the first time and fell in love. It took 15 minutes tops!


You melt in a pan two cubes of butter and one cup brown sugar, ( I think I might try two cups brown sugar next time). You lay out in a jelly roll pan......


(I just learned the other day that someone didn't know what a jelly roll sheet was. I guess growing up in Mormon home with big eaters, I might not of known those little pans that others know as cookie sheets actually existed! So anyway, in case you didn't know, to me it is just the larger Cookie sheet!)


Anyway....you lay out a sheet of foil on a your pan and butter it. Then you lay out 40 saltine crackers, (sounds funny, but so yummy!). When your sugar and butter get boil and get frothy, (see no dumb "ball" stage stuff" this should take about 3 minutes, then you pour that over your crackers and completely cover. You then put it in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
As soon as you take it out, pour a whole bag of chocolate chips on top, and let melt and then spread out. Cool in the fridge to harden. Then just break and enjoy!
From what I hear, if you are not going to eat them right away, store in a a zip lock bag in the fridge or they will lose there crunch! Enjoy!!

No comments: