Dec 24, 2008

Merry Chirstmas Eve!!!


Kjell made it home safely yesterday just in time, for me to run out to a wonderful baptism of a new member of out ward. It was such a great reminder of why we are hear and what this life is all for. I saw Christmas different last night. As I get older (ugh) I feel like every year that "true meaning of Christmas" becomes so much more clear. Or maybe just different. I think as a child you know we are celebrating something very important. I know I was always taught that it was so much more then Santa Clause, Christmas tree's and presents. I have always known that. But last night. Having the opportunity to see what the true purpose of His birth was for, was such a wonderful, experience. To see another daughter of God, receive through the power of the Priesthood the blessings of baptism. That same power of the Priesthood that was restored on this earth and given to the Prophet Joseph Smith, through John the Baptist, and Peter, James, and John, who had directly received that power and that authority through Jesus Christ Himself. To receive the blessings that come with that, and to begin a new life, was exactly what the season is for. That is the reason that our Heavenly Father sent his son Jesus Christ to be born hear. To live a life that we can follow and learn from, to be baptized. I am so grateful for Him. I am grateful for his gift of the atonement. That He died for us and that He rose again. As imperfect as I am, I need Him. I need that Gift, and so does everyone. No other gift matters.



3 comments:

Mark and Kiss said...

You have an amazing testimony Crystal, thank for sharing it, I love you girl!

Christina said...

who got baptized?

Nykreim said...

Missy Elliot. She recently married Mike Elliot, did you know him? It was really nice.
How are you?