Dec 4, 2008

Random Thoughts about the kids....


We always talk about writing down funny things that the kids said when they were little. I am going to write what I can remember now, before it is to late.


Vance: at about 2, "Boo Ti Ti" for peek a boo, everytime!!


Gjori: "Fire burned da birdie" (He was about 2, we have no idea why, but he said it often.)


We always called Vance, Vancie Pants, and Gjori, Gjori buggy.


Kjellsen has always been called shooter! No idea why, but it stuck from when he was just a little baby. Sometimes it is Shooter Magavin!


When Kjellsen wanted to go to McDonalds. He always said, "lets go to SayUncles" or "SuDoncles" No idea why.


Kjari for some reason started out saying flowers as "Fockers". No matter how clear we would say it for her, she would always later say, "look pretty Fockers!" She did that for about 3 months, and just now says it pretty clear.


The other day, I was having a really rough day, and I was crying. Kjell had just left to get some things for our painting job, this is what happened.
Kjari: Are you sad mommy?

Me: yes

Kjari: Do you miss your Daddy?......... He'll come home soon.


I loved it. I gave her a big hug, and texted my dad! I do miss my Daddy many times.


My boys on Sunday, were so upset and I couldn't figure out why. The young man who blessed the sacrament had made an error, and had to repeat it. I looked over at my two oldest boys and they were in deep discussion and seemed really mad. Later I ask Gjori what was going on and he ask me why he had to repeat it. I told him that it was a very important prayer and it was taught by Jesus Christ and its important we do it His way. He was so flustered and upset, he kept saying that is wrong, that is wrong. (Remember this is my sweet Gjori, everything is very literal to him!) He looked at me, and told me:

"Mom Jesus does not expect perfection from us. He understands when we make mistakes. That just isn't right." I told Kjell he was going to have to have a discussion with him on it, because at that moment there was no talking to him.

I ask Kjell this morning if he talked to them yet, and he said yes. He said he talked to them for about 3 or 4 minutes, and they were totally like, ok, yeah that makes sense. Go figure!!


Anyway, I am off to get some work done today!







No comments: